Thursday, October 2, 2008

On this night at this time

I was telling Dave, "I think it's time to go!"

Time to go where...To have a baby.

That day 3 years ago today we were at Upland Farms going on a Hayride. I thought hey that should help me get things moving. It did a little. Then we went to Great Lake Crossing. Dave was at Bass Pro Shop and I was on the other side of the mall, contractions started. They were so bad that I was falling over by the trash and people were staring. Finally some guys came up to me and asked me if I was ok. Of course, I am not...I am about to pop out a kid!! I couldn't get Dave to answer his phone to come back over to my side. Finally they stopped, I walked, oh who am I kidding, ran back to Bass got Dave and said we gotta go home. Grabbed a hot dog on the hot dog stand and went home. Contractions went away.

9pm, Desperate Housewife came on. My contractions were 5-7 min apart, but I wouldn't leave till the show was over! The showed end, I called and they said to go on in! We called my mom, she said she would meet us up there after she knew I was going to be admitted (after all it was my 3rd time back there). Dave was driving so slow, I swore I could have killed him.

We got there, went in, they said "Nope you aren't ready. You are only a 2 close to a 3 but not thinned out enough." I was so upset. I mean I was 5 days over due, I just wanted my baby. I remember getting ready to get dress again to leave, waiting for my paperwork, and the nurse came in and I threw up my hot dog! She said "Yup, we are keeping you. You are ready!" Thank god for that hot dog!! My baby was going to be born!!!

Got in my room, got ready, and waited...

No comments: