Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Health

Yesterday I went to Hanson Running Shop in Utica for a short little seminar on how to eat while training! I am so glad I went. I got to meet my 2 coaches that will train with us while we run/walk and I got to meet my team captain. All ladies were super nice!! I am excited to start training with them. I am going for my 1st group run on Sat. I totally excited and my friend Kelly is coming with me to help me along!

Yesterday I learned I am totally doing everything wrong. So glad I learned now and not a week before the big race! I have to change my eating habits a little bit. Add a little bit more carbs (my body needs it for a big run, that explains the whole big pasta dinner before hands), more proteins but chicken and fish (which is no big deal to me), need to get more water in, drink Gatorade the night before the run and water down Gatorade day of run, watch the veggies I eat and start practicing with the gels (they've always taste nasty to me but I need them for the race).

I need to stock up on:
Gels
Cliff Bars
Power Bars
Shot Blocks - Sorry no they are not like jello shots :)

Have no clue what I am talking about?
http://www.gusports.com/html/gu_use.htm
http://www.clifbar.com/food/products/

I am excited!! After going last night I believe I have a great support group and I know I can do this. I have tons of people already cheering me on and I know I have tons coming down the day of the race :)

Now I just need people to start pulling out their check books and credit cards!!! Even if it's for $5.00 ;)

No comments: